Re: isdn (ipppd)

On Tuesday 21 May 2002 21:59, Christian Schoenebeck wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm fighting with the problem that ipppd doesn't connect correctly to my
> ISP. It dials, connects, but also disconnects immediately after that. So I
> had a look at /var/log/isdn/isdnlog and noticed that ipppd calls the wrong
> number. Instead of just calling REMOTEMSN, it always calls:
>
> 	+COUNTRYCODE AREACODE/REMOTEMSN
>
> and also cuts the last number(s) in REMOTEMSN to a 9 digit number. Is this
> the normal behaviour, and if yes, where can I change it.

For a Q&D hack, have a look at /etc/isdn/devece.ipppX where X is the number of
the ISDN network device (probably 0). In there you should find lines like
this:

if [ ! -z "$REMOTEMSN ]
then
  for MSN in $REMOTEMSN; do
    isdnctrl addphone ${device} out $LEADINGZERO$MSN
  done
fi

The important part is the $LEADINGZERO$MSN. In your case it probably reads
like +$COUNTRYCODE$AREACODE/$REMOTEMSN. If you just change that and adjust
the LEADINGZERO variable further up the script, you should be fine.

> And as I'm already asking: ipppd (unlike pppd) handles just one ISP number,
> right? Then what is the sense behind the last block of /etc/isdn/isdn.conf:
> 	[NUMBER]
> 	NUMBER = 019282500
> 	ALIAS = surflos Internet by Call
> 	COMMENT1 = 01019019282500 (User:beliebig; pw:beliebig)
>
> 	[NUMBER]
> 	NUMBER = 01929
> 	ALIAS = 01019Freenet
> 	COMMENT1 = 0101901929     (User:beliebig; pw:beliebig) (Mobilcom)
>
> Future purpose?

Read the isdnctrl manpage, search for addphone. An interface can have multiple
outgoing numbers that are tried in reverse order of addition upon automatic
dialup.