Re: abcde rips to wav, then hangs

responding to my own post because i figured it out:

on Sun, 19 May 2002 10:41:16PM -0400, Nori Heikkinen insinuated:
> on Sun, 19 May 2002 06:44:09PM -0700, Robert Woodcock insinuated:
> > On 18 May 2002 15:27:46 -0700, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> > [...]
> > > with OUTPUTTYPE specified as mp3 in ~/.abcde.conf, running `abcde`
> > > rips all the tracks to .wav, and then hangs.
> >
> > You've probably managed to half-convince abcde that it has no usable
> > encoding locations.

not quite, the problem was my own illiteracy.  i'd been specifying a
variable of OUPUTTYPE, not OUTPUTTYPE.  abcde was then defaulting to
ogg, but i had ENCODERSYNTAX set to 'lame', which doesn't so much
encode to ogg.  it was then hanging, being sent contradictory
messages.

thanks for the responding.

</nori>

--