Re: Serious "Bug" in most major Linux distros.

Vincent Lefevre  <vincent@vinc17.org> wrote:
> On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 17:18:08 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
>> After reading this thread, I decided to install sash.
> I did that too. Is there a reason why it isn't installed by default?

It seems that the only merit sash has is that it is statically linked. I
find it to be a horrible shell otherwise, and I'd rather not have that as
the default root shell on my boxes.

I'm not sure you gain much by being able to log in if libc is shafted since
it's pretty much reinstall time by then anyway...