ext3

I'd like to begin the process of moving my Red Hat server over to Debian.
I'm not sure how to procede.  Right now RH is installed on hda.  I just
picked up another hard drive that I'm going to install on hdb, on which
I'll put woody.

The Red Hat installation is currently running kernel 2.4.18-3 with an
ext3 file system.  Woody runs a 2.2 kernel, which isn't ext3 compatable.

1) How do I change the ext3 file system to ext2 without wiping out the data
so woody can access the files?

2) Does Debian have a precompiled 2.4 kernel that I can apt-get upgrade so
that it can pull the files off the ext3 file system?

If you're wondering why i don't just use the Red Hat install to move the
necessary files over to hdb, I crashed the Red Hat box on upgrade.  I
don't yet know if I'm going to be able to repair the damage.  So I'm
proceeding with the assumption that I'll have to install woody and do
everything from hdb.

Regards,

Glen