Re: debconf problem during upgrade

On Fri, 10 May 2002 11:48:55 -0700
"Eric Richardson" <eric.richardson@milagrosoft.com> wrote:

> The problem occurs like this. You walk away from the machine and then
> one of these configuration screens comes up, and then the monitor blanks
> out for power saving. Next you come back and press space bar and then
> whatever question was pending goes through before you have a chance to
> answer it. It's like hitting the space bar acts as a return and the
> default action gets executed.

Doesn't strike me as a bug.  You pressed the space (in almost all cases an
action key) and the action was taken.  If you'd like to wake up the
console without taking inadvertently taking an action (typing a character,
answering a dialog, etc) try using another key such as SHIFT that is much
less likely to cause and inadvertent action when pressed.

--
Jamin W. Collins