Re: Red Hat user shopping around

Paul 'Baloo' Johnson writes:
>On Thu, 9 May 2002, Glen Lee Edwards wrote:
>
>> I don't have a problem as much with downloading dependencies as I do with
>> needing programs that require conflicting libraries.  I'm fortunate in that I
>> have an ADSL line that will allow 66+ kB/s downloads, assuming the site I'm
>> accessing can handle it.  If the perl dependencies in your example install
>> without breaking other dependencies, I'm good to go.
>
>Jeez...I'm so glad I'm back on cable.  66kbps is infuriatingly slow...

Actually that's KBytes - or 528 kBits/second.  The line is rated at 640 kb/s
download, but slightly over 520 is what I usually get.  That allows me to
download a full cdrom in about 2 1/2 hours.  I just download the 3 CDRom Red Hat
7.3 distro in less than 8 hours.  Took weeks on my old 14.4 modem.

Glen