Re: Wonky displays with galeon and other apps.

> Since the four apps you mention all use different toolkits, I'd almost
> guarantee the problem is video-related.  I don't think getting DRI
> working would help though.  I'd try the vesa driver first (change the
> driver entry in XF86Config-4 to "vesa") and see if that works better.

Yeah, I was thinking that it was a misconfigured card.  I switched over to the
vesa driver.  Things are a little better.  The visual garbage is gone with the
vesa driver, but now it looks like the horizontal sync'ing is all goofed up.
I've fiddled around with the different sync frequencies (always staying within
the capabilities of my monitor), but it still looks the same.  I also notice a
really big lag when I use the mouse wheel to scroll down a web page.

Is this all because DRI is all messed up?  Debianplanet.org has been down all
day so I haven't been able to work through the HOWTO. :(  Any ideas on what's
wrong?

Thanks.

Stephen W. Juranich                             sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering             http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic
University of Washington                http://ssli.ee.washington.edu/ssli

 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN   ||  NO ATTACHMENTS
  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL       ||  NO STATIONERY
 / \  AND POSTINGS            ||  NO GRAPHICS