Fetchmail + SSH tunnel

Does anybody use fetchmail to get mail through a ssh tunnel?
I'm trying that with no success.
I have a shell account with my provider and can login with ssh or sftp
without problem. I've configured my fetchmailrc to preconnect with ssh:

.fetchmailrc

 poll localhost port 11110 proto pop3 username "mylogin/myvirtual.site"
 password "mypassword" fetchall:
 preconnect "ssh -f -L 11110:mail.myvirtual.site:110 mail.myvirtual.site sleep 5";

When I run fetchmail it makes the ssh connection and stop till the pop
 connections timeout.

I added the "auth ssh" to .fetchmailrc and got the same result.

netstat shows that both connections are active.

Any help?

Thanks

Carlos