Re: iptables subroutine chains

On Tue, 7 May 2002 12:50:19 -0700 (PDT)
"David Wright" <ichbin@shadlen.org> wrote:

> I am building a firewall with iptables. There are some checks I'd like
> to occur on multiple chains. I'd like to arrange these as a "subroutine
> chain", i.e. a chain that is called and then returns to the calling
> chain if the packet makes it to the end. Schematically...

Not trying to be a smart ass here, but I'm assuming there was meant to be
a question?  If you are looking for whether iptables can do what you
state, yes.  If you are looking for how to create sub chains to reference,
I suggest taking a look at netfilter.samba.org and reading through Rusty's
guides.

--
Jamin W. Collins