Re: Accessing 2 POP mail servers

    Mike> I have 2 pop mail accounts(1 from the ISP and 1 is
    Mike> free). How should I access the second one? i have a
    Mike> mutt-exim-procmail-fetchmail setup here.  This is what i
    Mike> want to do:

    Mike> 1st pop mail account: subscribed to various mailing lists.

    Mike> 2nd account: subscribe to various mailing list also.

    Mike> does fetchmail <isp1>;fetchmail <isp2> suffice?

I'm assuming that you want to have different address for the different
mailing lists.

If you use fetchmail, you can write the .fetchmailrc to collect from
all your mailboxes, but then it will just dump them to your local
spool, so when you use mutt, you'll have to sort them some how.  I'm
sure mutt is able to do that, but I don't have any exprience with
that.  (I use gnus).

Sending them out to the various mailing lists, you'll have to set mutt
to rewrite the From: headers (and other relevant headers) for the
appropriate mailing lists.

One hack that you can use to do that is to have 2 accounts on you home
box.  e.g. name1 and name2.  These correspond to your 2 accounts.
Then you can edit /etc/email-addresses to rewrite the From headers.

e.g.

name1: pop@isp.com
name2: web@free.com

Then you just set up fetchmail to get the mail and dump it to the
proper accounts.  No need to hack up mutt or gnus to do it.

But you have all this switching.

Anyways, my 2 yen.

Good Luck.

Marshal