RE: Compiling for FreeS/WAN

On 05/03 01:16 curtis wrote:
> Anyhow, what I don't get is at what point am I somehow supposed to compile
> FreeS/WAN into the kernel.  According to Doc1 I need to perform the
> following command in the freeswan directory: make oldgo.
>
> This produces the following output:

> make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/kernel-patches/all/freeswan'
> make[1]: utils/patcher: Command not found
> make[1]: *** [_patches2.3] Error 127
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/kernel-patches/all/freeswan'
> make: *** [patches] Error 2

Do you have the patch package installed...?

Oki
For the sake of other, Noah came through with the answer:

The way I did it is:
addgroup [username] src	#this adds you to the src group - I really don't
know if this is necessary or not
su [user name]			#so you are now logged in as yourself
(related to the above, I guess a secur ity caution)
cd /usr/src			#
tar -xf kernel-source-2.4.18.tar	#assuming it is not zipped (also
untar the freeswan package if you haven't)
ln -s kernel-source-2.4.18 linux
cd linux
make-kpkg -config=menuconfig kernel-image
su root				#I had to do this, else it won't create the
deb kernel image
dpkg -i kernel-image-2.4.18.xxxx.deb

And your there.

<<application/ms-tnef>>