Re: amd

hiya david

yeah.. once one get over the initial hurdles... things fall into place
... good that you got amd working. ....

the way i like it...seems to be defaults on my boxes...
( not doing anythng special )
	ls -l /home   will usually list the links...
	ls -l /home/  will list its contents....

------
autofs does not support "direct mounts" ( sun style )

but since i donno exactly what all that means in all its gory
details...

i can still use autofs to see/copy/edit the files on each server
using symlinks
	/net/<machines>/etc/auto.home

c ya
alvin

xx> autofs does not support direct maps at this time, from the autofs(5)
xx> man page:
xx>
xx> UNSUPPORTED
xx>       The  automounter  does  not  support  direct maps or mount
xx>       trees (more than one filesystem to be mounted under a spe-
xx>       cific automount point), and handles SunOS-style replicated
xx>       filesystems only to the extent that mount(8) does.