System-Native LDAP authentication client on Debian 2.2 ?

Hi,

Please, could someone help me to find the response
to the following qestion regarding LDAP ?

Does Linux Debian 2.2 accepts a system-native LDAP
authentication client ?

The aim is to authenticate SUN Solaris and several
Linux Distributions(especially Debian 2.2) stations
with iPlanet Directory server.
The authentication process must be based on the login/
password but also on the host the connexion comes from.

Thanks very much in advance for your help and inputs.

I'm not confident with Debian mailing-list.
Perhaps should I have sent this request to other
mailing lists ? Please feel free to tell me if it is
the case.

Best Regards,

Arnaud