Re: What is difference between sid n woody?

On Tuesday 16 April 2002 11:52 am, Gaurav Kumar wrote:
> Hi Frenz
>
> Q1) What is the difference between sid n woody?
>
> Q2) How can I find if my system is sid or woody?

potato, woody, and sid correspond to stable, testing, and unstable. of these,
the only official debian release, as yet, is potato or stable. if you loaded
the system from official cd's, you're probably running potato. it's hard to
imagine by what circumstances you could be running woody or sid without
having inititated that change yourself, and/or being unaware of it.

ben