Re: exim config b0rken

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 1:44:20 EDT
"eric.s.cote@sympatico.ca" <eric.s.cote@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> [...]
>  and i'm trying to run exim an SMTP server. the weird thing is,
> a few days ago, exim was sending mail.
>
> i'm attaching my exim.conf file,
I don't see no attachment.

What helped me a lot while configuring exim, was running it from a terminal in daemon mode spewing a lot of debug messages.

exmi -bd -d9

If you normally run it from inetd (which the standard debian way), you'll have to disable it in /etc/inetd.conf first.

Then try sending a message with your favorite MUA or try talking to exim yourself: telnet localhost 25.
You'll have to speak a little SMTP yourself though.

Exim gives a lot of debug messages, so try to work with that.

grts Tim