Re: X-4.1: Matrox G200, cursor problem

Igor Mozetic wrote:

> The problem I have is that the cursor is blurred - it is
> about 10 times the size of the normal one. When moved,
> horizontal lines, 1 pixel wide, start appearing on the screen.
>
> XFree86.0.log doesn't show any errors, except:
>
> (EE) MGA: Failed to load module "mga_hal" (module does not exist, 0)

That means that X can't find the matrox hardware abstraction library. This is
part of the matrox drivers that you can get from the matrox support site. See
the readme in the tarball to determine whether you want these, they are not
strictly neccessary. I seriously doubt this is the cause of your problem.

> If anybody has managed to get it running, could you mail me
> the XF86Config-4 file, please.

It would be more helpful if you posted your own config. This sort of thing is
often solved just by enabling or disabling a single line in your config. I
suspect you have Option "HWCursor" "off" in there somewhere, but without
seeing your config all we can do is speculate.

--
Simon Hepburn.