Re: The latest round of antivirus bouncebacks

On 11 Apr 2002, Patrick Kirk wrote:

> Ben's second rule "No html" - why?

It's bloody expensive in bandwidth relative to content, highly rude,
completely unnecissary, and a fairly reliable method to filter spammers
off in .procmailrc.

> Are there still email clients that
> can't render html?  I use Evolution and mutt.  Both work fine with html.
> People who subscribe from work often will have no say on this.  I
> remember the horror of Lotus Notes in a previous employer.  I couldn't
> even get it to mark letters I replied to as replied to let alone change
> the mail format.

Lotus Notes sends in plaintext, even if it doesn't wrap or quote
properly (two major shortfalls which makes me question the sanity of
anybody even considering it in a production environment).

--
Baloo