Re: apache-ssl on Sparc 2 4/75

I have that apache-ssl working, albeit not on a sparc box.  I have
some advice for you though...

On  0, peter_easthope@gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca wrote:
[snip]
> When the system starts, the apache-ssl
> daemon appears to start OK.  Yet no
> connection is accepted.  Executing
> "lynx http://<domain_name>/" on the console
> yields only this message.
> Alert! Unable to connect to the remote host.

Ahem.  You do mean 'lynx https://<domain_name>/', don't you?  Trying
to connect on http will not work (it uses a different port, 80 instead
of 443 for https).

If you did have that right then:

 * Is it listening on port 443?  lsof -i | grep https will tell you.
 * Can you connect to port 443 with, say, telnet?

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"That you're not paranoid does not mean they're not out to get you."
	- Robert Waldner

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au