Re: using Mondo -k FAILSAFE switch

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 13:50, Wayne wrote:
> Hi,
> Reading the docs for this it says for Debian to use the above switch:
> "-k path
> Path of user's kernel. If you are a Debian user then specify -k
> FAILSAFE as your kernel. Otherwise, you will rarely need this option."
>
> I dont seem to have this path, I am running Woody.
>
> Has anyone used this software and if so did you use this switch? Please
> let me know before I toast a box of CD-R's!
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> Regards
>
> Wayne
> Registered Linux User #250084 http://counter.li.org

I've just used it with good results without the -k FAILSAFE option after
recompiling my kernel.

According to http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo/download/layout.html

III. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  2. Linux Kernel Support

Your kernel must have:

    * stable loopfs support, which means it really needs to be 2.2.19 or
2.4.7 (or later)
    * CD-ROM device support
    * ISO9660 file system support
    * initrd ramdisk support (built-in)
    * Virtual memory file system support (built-in)
    * floppy disk support (built in)
    * ext2 file system support (built-in)
    * Support for the backup media(Tape, CD-RW, NFS, Hard disk)
    * If the backup media is CD-RW then you need SCSI emulation also

After compiling these into the kernel everything worked fine.