To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Linux utility to recover NTFS
From: "marcus@wordit.com" <marcus@wordit.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 23:02:13 +0100

Hi,

I'm setting up to install debian, but one problem first. An NT
installation broke an NTFS partition, and my red hat installation. so
i'm moving to debian. I need to recover the data in order to make room
for debian.

There must be such a tool. I just read this in the new o'reilly book
learning debian....:
"Eventually, I recovered 95 percent of my data by
using a free Linux utility that was able to open the
damaged NTFS partition and copy its files. If I'd
been without Linux, I'd be without my data."

Does anybody know what the utility is called?

Would it be possible to create a boot diskette and run the utility off
that?

Thanks,

Marcus

marcus@wordit.com

CONFIDENTIALITY : This  e-mail  and  any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If  you are not a named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.