dhcp for servers

this isn't debian specific, but we are considering using dhcp to assign
addresses for our servers (as well as users).  right now we have around
25-30 server, and that number is growing, and i think it would be easier
to just move things to dhcp (using static assignments based on the
server's mac address).  there are concerns, though, about introducing
another dependency into the mix.  i was wondering if anyone here has
any comments or experiences with dhcp and servers?

later
andy