Re: mutt and html viewers to specify w3m under x

On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 10:55:02AM -0600, dman wrote:
| On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 10:46:29AM -0500, Jason M. Harvey wrote:
| | hello,
| |
| | i run mutt in Eterm. with $DISPLAY set, it launches galeon to view html,
| | but not only does galeon not find mutt.html (?), but i don't want to
| | spawn another window (galeon). so, i unset $DISPLAY in that term, and
| | mutt uses w3m to view html. this is nice, i like it better.
| | i just found w3m-img, (displays images even in Eterm) which is currently
| | in sid (i'm running woody, it installed just fine).
| | my problem is, with $DISPLAY unset, w3m will not display the images. is
| | there any way, within mutt, to specify w3m to view html and not let
| | gnome use it's default?
|
| Put the w3m-img entry from /etc/mailcap at the top so that it is the
| first handler found.
|
| -D
|
| --
|
| Pride goes before destruction,
| a haughty spirit before a fall.
|         Proverbs 16:18
thanks again, dman!

the only thing is... it doesn't seem to be displaying the images... but
at least it doesn't launch galeon anymore. i'll give it a try like this
a few days and see what w3m does (with w3m-img).

thanks!
jason

| http://theigloo.dhs.org:81  | http://counter.li.org/        |
| Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 Woody  | 2.4.16-k6                     |
| jason@theigloo.dhs.org      | registered linux user #202942 |