Re: internal debugger in kdevelop

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 05:58:53PM +0100, Laurent Hausermann wrote:
> Oups, I didn't say it :
>    I have gdb install , ddd is running well but not kdevelop internal debugger

I can tell you only that the internal debugger works for me.  I have
only tried very simple, console-based C++ projects so far.  There are
some issues, though.  It seems to lose the ability to display local
variable values after it steps into a function and returns, which is
fairly tragic.

Kdevelop also lets you use kdbg, which is a more complete wrapper around
gdb.  All you need to do is click Options/KDevelop Setup/Debugger/Use
external debugger.  It takes a bit longer to start up (again, I have
tested only very simple projects), but it seems to work a bit nicer.

--
Michael Epting (epting@ix.netcom.com)