Re: with respect to connecting to the internet

also sprach nick <lhadak@supanet.com> [2002.03.28.1638 +0100]:
> 	I don't quite know the nature of the problem, but no data flows from
> the connection from either side even when the modem is online

please show us the /etc/wvdial.conf file.

then, initiate a connection with wvdial and post any output that it
generates on the console, /var/log/syslog, and /var/log/daemon.log.

finally, after wvdial supposedly established a connection, please
post the output of

  /sbin/route -n
  /sbin/ifconfig
  /bin/cat /etc/resolv.conf

"wickedness is a myth
 invented by good people
 to account for the curious attraction of others."
                                                        -- oscar wilde