Re: [OT]: Recommended Gaming Controller for Linux??

On Wed, 2002-03-27 at 08:10, Sunny Dubey wrote:
> heya everyone
>
> I finally got tired of play games on my linux machine with a stupid keyboard.
>  Sure a keyboard does the job, however the full gaming feel is always lacking
> with a real game controller of some sort.  I've been looking into purchasing
> some sort of USB based gaming controller for linux, however I would like to
> know what other linux users currently use for their linux setups.
>
> thanks in advance for any info

I have a N64 controller setup using joystick-parport kernel module with
the interface circuit from http://www.st-hans.de/N64.htm

Its a lot of work to bouild the controller (you can buy them pre-made
from Stephan Hans.) but definately worth it.

Judging form the kernel documentation, it appears to be easier to
interface the other console controllers to Linux, so maybe a PS
controller would be more straight forward.

Have a read of the linux/Documentation/input/joystick-parport.txt file
in the linux kernel tree for more info.

Kind Regards
Crispin Wellington