Re: problems with dpkg/deselct installing woody

On Sun, 2002-03-24 at 11:53, Richard Palfalvi wrote:

> During the installation-process with dselect it run into the following
> error:
>
> Removing gnome-games /var/lib/dpkg/info/gnome-games.postrm:
> scrollkeeper-update: command not found
> dpkg: error processing gnome-games (--remove): subprocess post-removal
> script returned error exit status 127
> So,the thing is that I cannot continue/finish the installation process
> because any retry runs in the same error-message.
> Is it a good idea to just erase all files in the /var/cache directories
> and restart the whole installation process from scratch or is there some
> nicer way to fix the problem?

No.  Your problem is with this particular package.

Look at the script /var/lib/dpkg/info/gnome-games.postrm

The error message says it is trying to run a command that is not present
on your machine, so you need to make the script bypass the error.

The easiest way is to delete the line containing the dud command
(scrollkeeper-update), and any lines dependent on it.  Then run
   dpkg --purge gnome-games
If any other errors show up, repeat the procedure until they all go away
and the package is successfully purged.

     "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their
      strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles;
      they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk,
      and not faint."         Isaiah 40:31