Re: Perl package

> > Hello,
> >
> > 	I looking 4 debian perl package including LWP::Parallel modules.
> > 	I'm using a Woody distro.
> >

> > 	I'have installed thoses packages but don't have LWP::Parallel.

> > 	tanna:/usr/share# apt-cache search  LWP
> > 	libwhisker-perl - Perl module geared for HTTP testing
> > 	sather-lwp - pSather - Parallel extensions to the Sather environment
> > 	libcrypt-ssleay-perl - Support for https protocol in LWP

> Use cpan. As root:
>
> perl -MCPAN -e shell;
>

> Follow the prompts for setup.  They're pretty straight forward and defaults
> are good 99% of the time if you don't know.
>
> Once you get to a prompt type "install LWP::Parallel",  it'll do the rest.

CPAN is a very good option. However I've noticed there are a number of cpan
modules available to you in the archives. While it appears that this particular
module is not currently available in the debian archives, it's trivially easy to
create your own. Get CPAN working, then do:

apt-get install dh-make-perl
dh-make-perl --cpan LWP::Parallel --build --install

This will download the files from CPAN, unpack them, compile as necessary, then
build the .deb and then install it for you. I've yet to find a way of doing it
that's easier!

Andrew

"I do not agree with what you say,
but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Francois Marie Arouet Voltaire (1694-1778)