Re: Java SDK 1.4

Tom Cook <tom.cook@adelaide.edu.au> writes:
> *think*, but am not sure, that stuff needs to be recompiled - or was it
> that you can't run javac from 1.3 in a 1.4 VM?

  Yes, the binary format has changed but you've got it backwards. Stuff
  compiled under 1.4 won't run under a 1.3 VM unless you use the new 1.4
  compatibility switch to javac (I personally haven't loaded 1.4, so
  you'll have to run javac -help to find out what the switch is).

  Stuff compiled under 1.3 should run just fine under a 1.4 VM.

  Waiting for the mighty Stefan to put out a .deb!

Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!