Re: chkconfig is to redhat as ___ is to debian?

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 05:17:12PM -0500, Michael Marziani wrote:
> I've poked around dselect and can't find chkconfig.  Is this included in
> some larger package of handy admin utils?  If no chkconfig, is there a
> package that does something similar?

Apart from what the other mentioned you can also look at rcconf:

 This tool configures system services in connection with system
 runlevels.  It turns on/off services using the scripts in
 /etc/init.d/.  Rcconf works with both System-V style and file-rc
 runlevel configuration.  It is a TUI frontend to the update-rc.d
 command.

Regards.

Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them
      in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the
      Holy Ghost; Teaching them to observe all things
      whatsoever I have commanded you; and, lo, I am with
      you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
                     Matthew 28:19,20