Re: chkconfig is to redhat as ___ is to debian?

* Michael Marziani (michaelm@kw.com) [020306 14:33]:
> I've poked around dselect and can't find chkconfig.  Is this included in
> some larger package of handy admin utils?  If no chkconfig, is there a
> package that does something similar?

Not really. There's the update-rc.d utility which is used by scripts.
You can read its manpage to read about configuring your runlevels by
hand. The basic gist of it is: have at it! Debian doesn't make any guise
of implied meanings behind runlevels 2-5; you can customize them to your
heart's delight. (How? Using ln, rm, and mv!)

good times,
Vineet

--
Currently seeking opportunities in the SF Bay Area
Please see http://www.doorstop.net/resume/