Re: update-mozilla-chrome seg fault

Hi Greg!

On Tue, 05 Mar 2002, Greg Madden wrote:

> I have a woody box with KDE from Sid . When trying to install Mozilla
> from Woody I get the following message:
>
> updating mozilla chrome registry
> /usr/bin/update-mozilla-chrome: line 49: 14658 segmentation fault
> regxpcom >/dev/null 2>/dev/null

had the same problem when upgrading from 0.9.7 to 0.9.8.

what worked for me was the following:

1. get the mozilla-* debs you want to install
2. dpkg --unpack <mozilla-debs>
3. edit /var/lib/dpkg/info/mozilla-*.postinst and comment the
   update-mozilla-chrome line
4. dpkg dpkg --configure -a
5. manually run /usr/bin/update-mozilla-chrome

the funny thing is that when i run manually the update-mozilla-chrome
script it did not segfault

yours martin
--
<martin@wuertele.net> ------------------------------ NO HTML MAILS PLEASE
             PGP/GPG encrypted and signed messages preferred