Re: OT: Aliens in the heavans (was Re: seti@home)

At 11:06 PM 3/5/02, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Tue, 2002-03-05 at 17:19, Gary Hennigan wrote:
Yes, yes, all those TV, radio stations, satelite uplink stations
(the vast majority all of which are in the Northern Hemisphere)
are radiating outwards.

Forgetting all of the rest of your email, if you were an alien,
would you want to contact this planet, just based off your first
paragraph?

Chris
ps I'm not looking for a flame war, just pointing out that the
signals that we are sending out there are not worth replying
to.