Re: javax API

Elizabeth Barham wrote:

> Perhaps you need to install the JDBC 2.0 Optional Package Binary
> for the javax.sql.*:
>
> http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/download.html
>
> As for the other import issue, sun.jdbc.rowset.*, my best guess is
> that this is a jdbc driver (I'm new to this!)  and it may be in some
> package somewhere or perhaps you have to buy something to have it
> ... *but*, if it is "just a JDBC driver", then there are alternatives:
>
> org/gjt/mm/mysql/ResultSet.class
>
> This is from unzip -l some-mysql-thing.jar ; that is, the JDBC driver
> for MySQL. It's out there somewhere.

I don't recommend this - JDBC drivers (including RowSet implementations)
are DBMS-specific.  You need the JDBC driver for your DBMS (with the
possible exception that mysql and MS SQLServer use almost-compatible
drivers - but niether of them is a good option for a DBMS).

It sounds to me like you are attempting connection pooling, in which
case you need to get the jdbc2.0 optional package (if you are using
jdk1.3 or 1.2) and whichever JDBC driver you need.

If you want to send a code snippet showing what you are trying to do
then I can tell you what you need, but this is fairly OT and perhaps
best done over private email.

Tom