Jumpers on an AST Premmia P90

Hi,

I need some advise. I came by the shell of a AST Premmia GX with a P90
chip in it. I found old or replacement hard drive (1Gb), floppy, CD
drive, a nic, cables, some additional memory etc, etc. It is, on the
face of it "good-to-go". Unfortunatly, it don't go!

The plan is to install debian and use the machine as a firewall. I
want to learn how they work, and there are a number of machines on the
lan at home that would benifit from the protection.

When turned on the machine starts the post, gets tñhrough counting the
48mb of ram, blinks the floppy then stops. As I understand it there is
a scsi interface on the board and there was a scsi hard drive
fitted. It now has an ide drive fitted and I am pretty sure that to
get this to work is a matter of jumper settings, but I have no
manual. I have "Googled" all options that seem reasonable, I have been
to "Tom's Hardware", in short I have done all I can think of, but have
lucked out. So....

Can any one suggest where I can get a manual, view one, copy one. An
url that might help?. Best of all a link to a pdf.  Any suggestions -
I am stuck at the moment.

Keith

  Keith O'Connell
  Maidstone, Kent (UK)