Re: mount nfs with root privileges

High,

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 jsalord@publicom1010.com wrote:

> I'm trying that server A backs up server B mounting B via NFS. But, to copy
> completely all files, server A needs to access server B with root
> privileges.
> So far, I have used the option no_squash_root but server A still can't copy
> files only readable by owner (chmod 600).

Just to be sure, you mean no_root_squash, with option rw ?

> What I have to do to backup up server B completely.
>
> If there are other ways to backup via NFS please suggest me.

Well, the above should work, however, you will have some trouble with the
/dev directory if you use 'cp -r' directly.
You could try to use a tar pipe of some kind, over ssh. There have been
various threads about this, and I do not remember exactly, so you should
search the archives for this.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan