Re: lilo problem

hi ya

> I thought you had install Sid (and its kernel) on its own partition. So the
> Sid kernel surely isn't in the /boot directory of your Red Hat !

just many ways to skinn the cat...
.... while booted on say /dev/hda1...( deb )
	put all your "kernels" in /boot of the distro you wanna run lilo
	from

	if you want to always run lilo from slackware...
	than all the other kernels is in /boot of slackware...
	or a mounted dir as you've done with /mnt/xxx/boot/other_kernel

		( but why run lilo from any distro... lot more lilo'ing to
		( copy around

vi /etc/lilo.conf
   ( if you dont want to mount the other distro before liloing )
   ( where the kernels was copied from the other distro

   boot=/dev/hda
   image=/boot/vmlinux-2.2.20
     root=/dev/hda1
     label=Debian

   # copy the kernel over from slackware that was compiled on hdb1
   image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.17
     root=/dev/hdb1
     label=slackware

   # copy the kernel over from redhat that was compiled on hdc1
   image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.7-10
     root=/dev/hdc1
     label=redhat
   #
   # if you wanted windoze... on C:
   # other=/dev/hda1
   #  table=/dev/hda
   #  label=windoze
   #

> Try to mount you Sid (if its kernel is on /dev/hdc1) :
> mkdir /mnt/sid ;
> mount /dev/hdc1 /mnt/sid
>
> Then edit your Red Hat lilo.conf :
>
> image=/mnt/sid/boot/vmlinuz
> label = DebianSid
> root=/dev/hdc1
> read-only

that works too .. to mount the other distro...before lilo'ing

c ya
alvin