Re: duplicates [was Re: UNSUBSCRIBE]

On Mon, 2002-02-18 at 03:24, Hans Ekbrand wrote:

> Me too. I might be silly, but I almost get upset when I recieve an
> unrequested copy sent directly to me.

I've been used to it for quite a while. 90% of the mailing lists I've
ever been to are always set up like this. Though I'll agree it would
make more sense to put the list in the To: and the recipient in the Cc:,
it would still result in two copies. The only good way to get around
this while making sure that people who haven't subscribed to the list
still get the replies would be to use a check every time a message is
sent to the list. If the sender isn't subscribed, his name would be
placed on the Cc: list, and if he is, it would just go to the list.

But since that doesn't seem to be in very widespread use, the best
solution is just to get used to getting duplicates every once in a
while. :)

-Alex