Re: A mutt question

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 02:44:36PM +0000, Andy Mott wrote:
> stan (stanb@awod.com) wrote:
>
> > Got time for one more mutt question?
>
> Sure... I'm only at work ;o)
>
> > I;v set up the index page so that all threads are compressed. I'm also
> > using less as the external pager.
> >
> > I would like to be able to read through a thread without going back to the
> > inex, but I have not figured out how to do thsi.
> >
> > At ppresent, if I go inot a thread, when O get to the bottom, I hi q to
> > exit less, and have to renter the next message in the thread from the index
> > page. Can I make the next one come up without this some way?
>
> I think this is done using pager_stop:
>
> set pager_stop    # Don't jump to next message at end of message.

Hmm, will that's closer.

Now when I hit "q" to leave lse, I'm instantly back at the index page w/o
having to hit a return.

Still not exactly what I'd like. I'd really like it to just jump to viewing
the next message in the thread. If there are more messages in th thread,
that is. If not the i _do_ want to go back to the index page.

Anyone got a clue on this?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin