Re: mail -v my@my.com < in.tar.gz -- HELP

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 01:27:33AM +0800, louie miranda wrote:
> hi for ex: i have this file in.tar.gz format, i want to insert it when
> sending email thru:
>
> mail -v myrecpt@domain.com < in.tar.gz
>
> -- when i rcv this email, it reads binary format and attached in the msg
> body..
> uhm, how can i make it as an attachement?

If you use mutt, then a command line in the style of:
    $ echo "See attached" | mutt -s "The Subject Line" -a in.tar.gz myrecpt@domain.com
will do the trick.

As an alternative, you can mime-encode the contents "by hand" before
passing into a standard mail command (e.g. mail, or mailx). But I don't
know any of that stuff...

HTH
--
          _  __