Re: Testing to unstable

| without any problems. I might try compiling a non-debian 2.4 to see how it
| goes. (I can still boot the system with my old 2.2 kernel)
|
| The way the error messages referes to device 303, does 2.4 refer to devices
| differently?

as for the device 303 error, i've never ran into that myself. the only
other info i can think of that _may_ help:
i've compile 2.4.2 myself.... then used apt-get to install a kernel
image of 2.4.14-k6... so, i went with the "basic" .config, which i knew
worked for me (tested it before). what i thought was interesting: i'm
using ext2... on the kernel-image i installed via apt, the kernel
drivers for ext2 were compiled as modules, not built into the kernel
itself.
any change your problem could be related to modutils? just a thought...
i'm sure re-compiling may solve that...

--
registered linux user #202942
http://counter.li.org/