Re: Erratic *KEYBOAAAAAAARD*

on Thu, 10 Jan 2002 09:45:11PM -0800, Joshua Thorin Messer insinuated:
> Thus spake Nori Heikkinen (nori@sccs.swarthmore.edu):
>
> Edit it by hand. Look for:
> Section "InputDevice"
> and change the line:
> Option	"Protocol" "Foo"
> Option	"Protocol" "ImPS/2" or even "ExplorerPS/2"

yeah, i have it aat Im/PS2 now, and it ssseeemss to be working finee.

> and I would recommend changing the line:
> Option	"Device"	"/dev/gpmdata"
> to:
> Option	"Device"	"/dev/psaux"

aaalso done, which makes it not be crazy erratic.  thaanks for the
explanaaaaation aaaabove, btw!

> Oh, and emulate 3 buttons you shouldn't need. I don't know if it's
> causing problems, but you *have* a third button: the wheel.

right.  i didn't know if that meant "beehaavve likeee yoou have 3
buttons, regardless if you do or not" or just  "emulate 3 buttonss,
even if  you don't."  so i selected it.  it's unseleected now, and nno
appareent differrence, except nwo  i can passte in X  with either aaa
simlutaneous click or a midddle-button click.

> BTW, what rat do you use?

justt the hp one that came with    my 9680C paavvilion a year oor two
ago -- two  buttons, scrolly wheel ... definiiitely meant for use with
micro$oft, as was thhhe  whole system.  but i now haaaaaaaave a big
"UNX" sticker on it, hahaaa, and theee "desssigned for microsoft
windows 98" sticker has been ppeeled of and traashed.  :)

> And what window manager?

Window Maker.  i like it.

with all this upgrading, though, as you can see, my keyboard's now
stuupppppidd and ridiculously sensssitivee, esssspecially on some
kkkeys (aaa, s, k, e, &c.). the backsspace key also ffunctions
ridiculously fast ... how  do i reeeeconfigure this?

thaaanks once more,

</nori>

-------------------------http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori/jnl/daily.html