Re: Playing WMA audio streams

Thus spake Sean 'Shaleh' Perry (shalehperry@attbi.com):

> On 09-Jan-2002 Coen De Roover wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a program that's capable of playing continuous WMA audio streams
> > ?
>
> None I have seen, it is a proprietary microsoft api.

MPlayer's documentation *claims* it can play .wma files. But I don't
know if that's the same as these audio streams you're talking about,
in the doc it's listed as a video format.

If you send the URL of a .wma stream I can test it out for you.

MPlayer's website: http://www.mplayerhq.hu
The doc in question: http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/formats.html#2.1.1.3

As I've stated elsewhere, other than the fact that I can't get the
playlist to work (and thus have to play each file
individually..aargh!) I love MPlayer. Documentation is great, codec
work is great.