Re: exim in cron - why for dialup system?

> Hi,
>
> Since I have a dial-up system to my isp for email collection and
> delivery why does cron have an entry for exim? It runs whenever I
> dial up and connect?  Should I remove this entry?
>
> --
> Ian Balchin
> http://www.imaginet.co.za/fables
> This machine is running Debian GNU/Linux ... http://www.debian.org

Are you referring to /etc/cron.daily/exim?

As far as I understand this cron.daily script is for routine tasks that are carried out even when the machine will never be connected to some network. There fore you should not remove that entry.
What runs every time you dial up and connect is etc/ppp/ip-up.d/exim.
--

    Shaul Karl
    email: shaulka(at-no-spam)bezeqint.net