Re: can't load library 'libXm.so.0'

On Tue, 2002-01-08 at 18:18, a wrote:
> i have Debian 1.2 and installed lesstif and compiled nedit but can't run it.
> nedit complains:

wow! 1.2 is ancient.  It's so old, I was a developer back then :)

> can't load library 'libXm.so.0'
>
> although libXm.so.0 is in /usr/X11R6/lib

i'm guessing you have nedit-dmotif installed.  i.e. libXm is the motif
library.  I don't remember how the dmotif package worked in 1.2, you
might need some commercial motif package (or try compiling open motif
for 1.2) but the better bet would be installing the static package
(probably in contrib of 1.2) it would be nedit-smotif.

but this is a long time ago, so my memory might be hazy.