Re: /var/lib/dpkg/status parse error

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 11:51:33 -0800
ben <benfoley@rcn.com> wrote:
> is there any way i can get /var/lib/dpkg/status to re-write itself?
> i'm getting a parse error on a line number where i don't see any
> noticable errors, which is preventing the use of dpkg.

Oh, right, I forgot to say - check /var/lib/dpkg/status-old and
/var/backups/dpkg.status.* ; if there's a version there that's not too
old, you can always use that :) You'll have to re-install any packages
since when that status file was made(as well as removing, purging, etc.,
etc.), but it's better than nothing ;)

--
/    David Barclay Harris            Aut agere, aut mori.      \