Re: Netscape icon in Gnome

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 11:56:09PM +0100, peter karlsson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Previously there was a Netscape icon included somewhere with the Gnome
> packages (the Netscape logo mapped onto a cube). It also was
> automatically added to the panel on first run.
>
> Now, however, when I upgraded to the latest testing sources, the icon
> disappeared. Do I need to install another package that was not added by
> apt-get dist-upgrade, or is the icon lost forever?

The only gnome icon that displays correctly for me is the 'Folders'
icon. Every other icon is a 'sheet of paper' -- some are blank and some
have what looks like a daisy and the word 'desktop'. The files in
.gnome-desktop have lines pointing to the correct icon, but they're
evidently ignored.

It didn't use to be this way.

(Running woody and XFree86-4.1.)

--
"If a thousand men were not to pay their tax bills, that would not be so
 violent and bloody a measure as it would be to pay them and enable the