Re: Need Help to Program Text Draw Utility

> But it seems that there is no Linux-utility to draw simple
> ascii-figures (lines, text, rectangles, circles) with
> cut/copy/paste-capacity in textmode.

IIRC this topic has been on this list before. There's even an emacs mode
for this. I'm not sure if you'll find cut/copy/paste-capacity for single
objects.

You could also try to use a "real" draw-program and "convert" the image
with aview which is available as a debain package, but I'm quite sure
that this is not what you exactly want.

If you want/have to create such a program yourself, what about drawing
in dia (uses XML format) and write a simple dia-to-ascii converter using
python's XML parser or whatever you like?

HTH

Stony