Re: Users activity logging..

also sprach Petre Daniel <dani@cyber.ro> [2002.01.06.1509 +0100]:
> i'm wondering if there is a software that would log everything a user
> types,does,accesses,somewhere in a safe location..

i think that the closest you can get without seriously offending your
users privacy is process accounting: [1]

keeping track of file accesses and keystrokes would IMHO be possible but
absolute overkill, and i wouldn't want to be a user on your system...

  1. http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Process-Accounting/

i have the power to channel my imagination
into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia.