Re: how do I play divx encoded films on testing?

On Tuesday 18 December 2001 10:53 pm, Tommi Komulainen wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 10:51:25PM +0100, Mirek Dobsicek wrote:
> > When I use -fs -vo x11, it opens in fullcreen, but the movie is still
> > the same size located in the midlle of the screen, surrounded by black
> > color.
>
> How about trying -vm instead of -fs?  IIRC that's the option that makes
> MPlayer to switch to the closest video mode.
>
> Additionally if you visit http://xtiming.sf.net/ you can calculate
> precise modelines for all common video resolutions (384x288 etc.)  That
> way that closest video mode will actually be truly full screen.
>
> At least it works wonders for me :)
what I would like to ask you is how do I compile mplayer with gui support?
I compiled it from source (0.50), but when I start it it tells me it's not
compiled with gui support; isn't it autodetected?
and by the way, both mplayer and avifile after ./configure presents me the
autodetected compile options; both say mga_vid no, although I have an matrox
G400 card; isn't mga_vid related to that? configure for both programs looks
for /dev/mga_vid; how do I create that?

thanks, dragos