RE: VMWare

| I would like to know if anyone in this list is using VMWare
| Workstation in
| order to run flavours of Windows with Debian GNU Linux as the
| host machine.

Greetings,
	I had been using VMWare v2 with potato, but then I upgraded to Woody.  When
I upgraded to a 2.4.x kernel, v2 died.  I then upgraded to the v3 and it
works wonderfully.  The v2 works with kernels up to 2.4.6 IIRC, but I've
never been able to compile anything that or lower under Woody.  I've not
tried compiling them under potato.  I have used Win95, Win98, and Win2K
under both v2 and v3 without problems with a Debian host both potato and
woody.  I haven't tried XP under linux, but I have tried XP with a Win2K
host running on v2, and it didn't work well.

HTH,

Brooks